These granola bars are packed with protein are chewy and delicious! You can add just about anything to them or substitute/omit certain ingredients to your liking.
We use Quaker Whole Grain Oats in a lot of our baking recipes and for our Oatmeal Packets. We also like to make a batch of granola bars every other week and freeze them – then take them out of the freezer on the morning of for your snack break that day. We make a granola bar recipe every other weekend (and change it up as well like making these delicious SEED BARS) – just enough to last us for two weeks.
Slice into bars and wrap in plastic wrap. Great option for your snack break anywhere and anytime of the day.
This has become one of our favourite recipes – combining nuts and seeds, nut butter, honey and apple sauce for a sweet, crunchy and satisfying snack!
Here is the recipe for these No Bake Breakfast Bars (adapted from Inspired Edibles "Blueberry Bliss Breakfast Bars")
1 1/2 cups rolled oats
3/4 cup whole almonds (we use 1/2 cup and chop them)
1/2 cup dried blueberries (we used cranberries)
1/3 cup ground flaxseed
1/3 cup walnuts (we omitt walnuts)
1/3 cup pepitas
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
1/3 cup maple syrup or honey
1/4 cup apple sauce (unsweetened)
1 cup almond butter (we used peanut butter)
*Depending out how many nuts, seeds, etc we have we lessen the amount of each and slightly lessen the amount of peanut butter. It depends on what items you have on hand. Add, omitt or substitute ingredients.
1. Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
2. Combine oats, nuts and seeds and mix.
3. Add in honey (or syrup) and apple sauce. Mix to combine.
4. Add in the peanut butter or almond butter and mix until well combined.
5. Place batter in pan and firmly press down. *MY HELPFUL POURING HACK * PLACE A MUG INTO PAN WHEN POURING THICK MIXTURE TO HELP HOLD DOWN THE PARCHMENT PAPER
6. Cover with foil wrap and place in freezer for one hour.
7. Remove by lifting up the paper and granola and place on cutting board. Carefully slice into bars. Best for slicing when it is cold.
MEAL PREP TIP:
Slice into smaller bars, individually wrap with plastic wrap and freeze.
The best part is that not only do these help you to make better food choices throughout the week, you also do not have to bake them (and they are so chewy, crunchy and full of flavour) – mix ingredients together, form in a baking pan and let it set in the freezer. Cut and serve and you’re snack prep is ready to go for the week!
Enjoy your snack break :)
What is your favourite granola bar combination?